Get your Minnesota Dealers License!
Now is the time to get your Minnesota dealers license! Why wait another minute when you could become your own boss, work your own hours, and earn the income you deserve? Obtaining a Minnesota dealers license is a lengthy process, but luckily, we’ve taken the time to lay everything out for you.
The Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) requires the following businesses and service providers obtain a Minnesota dealers license:
- Those who lease, sell, or arrange sales of new or used motor vehicles.
- Those who sell new mopeds under a franchise agreement or sell new or used boats, snowmobiles, or horse trailers with GVW of 24,000 lbs. or less (also known as DSB Dealers).
- Those who sell used vehicle parts, or process and sell scrap metal from vehicles they’ve acquired.
- Those who conduct sales by consignment, or arranged sale or lease.
To obtain a Minnesota dealers license, you need to complete the following:
- Fill out the Application for Dealer License. Incomplete applications will be given back to you.
- Include the Commercial Location Checklist.
- Include the Zoning Verification Form
- Provide proof of property ownership or verification of leased property.
- Provide your Original Dealer Bond Form
Prior to submitting your application with the Minnesota DVS, you need to make sure your locations meets all the necessary items on the Commercial Location Checklist. Misstatements on the checklist, or any missing items, will cause the Minnesota DVS to deny your application. Be absolutely certain that your application is thoroughly complete, for any applicant denied a dealer license must wait at least one year before reapplying.
Used dealer license applicants are encouraged to submit photographs of their commercial building, display lot, and exterior sign.
The fee for your Minnesota dealers license application is $285.
The appropriate fee must be included with your application, and required materials must be faxed to (651) 297-1480, or mailed to Minnesota DVS at:
Minnesota Department of Public Safety
Driver and Vehicle Services
445 Minnesota St, Suite 186
St. Paul, MN 55101
How we can help
As you can probably tell, there is an extensive process to obtaining your dealers license. Visit www.MyAutoLicense.com and let us ease your pain and get you started with your Minnesota dealers license today!